Is to promote the safe, responsible and ethical use of biotechnology and its products by:
• Providing accurate information on biotechnology and biosafety to decision-makers, farmers, consumers, and the media.
• Providing a regular forum for the exchange of information.
• Facilitating training, education, research and development on biotechnology and biosafety in Africa.
• Providing biotechnology stakeholders with a strong voice to address decision-makers and interact with governments.
• Stimulate the development of new biotechnology products and companies for the benefit of Africa.
Our members are made up of a wide range of stakeholders, which includes consumers, retailers, manufacturers, biotechnology companies, industry associations, farmers and farmer organizations, students, professionals, scientists, research and tertiary education institutions.
AfricaBio seeks to understand and address all concerns on biotechnology and biosafety, and to build confidence in biotechnology's potential for Africa.